Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy 101st birthday, Allan!!!

The fact that today is Pettersson's 101st birthday is an embarassing reminder of how far behind schedule I am on this little blog project of mine. I only have the Concerto for Viola and Orchestra and the recently released Symphony No. 1, so the end is in sight. 

I thought I'd take this opportunity to remind you of the major highlights of this year's Pettersson concert calendar. While there are significantly fewer events this concert season in comparison to last year, these two events are not to be missed, and I will be going to both of them.

20 November, Berlin 
Deutsches Kammerorchester Berlin, Jan Michael Horstmann
Concerto for String Orchestra No. 1 
Also on this program is Hartmann's Concerto Funebre, also not to be missed.

29/30 November, Norrköping/Jönköping
Norrköping Symphony Orchestra, Christian Lindberg
Symphony No. 9 

Hope to see you at both concerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment